The Children’s Ministry Coordinator is a spiritual and organizational leader who leads and oversees the children’s ministries of Pathway Church. This includes, but is not limited to, our Sunday morning program, family night program and special children’s events. Work will be executed according to the mission, vision, and values of Pathway Church, and for the training and growth of children’s ministry volunteers.
To ensure that each and every encounter within Pathway’s Children’s Ministry is inviting to both members and guests and led in such a way that opportunity for authentic encounter with Jesus is evident. The Leadership Team of Pathway Church desires that each child experience a safe environment within which to grow in faith with Jesus.
- Clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him
- Experience in leading children’s ministry and a sense of calling to enthusiastically serve in this type of ministry role
- Possess entrepreneurial skills and be a self-starter
- Gifted in the areas of teaching and creativity
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to train and work with adult volunteers, to include leading regular ministry group team-building meetings. These meetings will focus on skill development, training, program feedback and relational bonding to promote individual and group growth
- Ability to easily interact with unchurched children and parents
- Technical skill necessary to regularly update website
- Become a member of and participate in the community and activities of Pathway Church on a consistent basis
- Plan, create, organize and implement the weekly children’s ministry program for Pathway Church (currently includes Pathway Kids and Sunday School), periodically adapting to changes in worship format, program expansion and frequency
- Choose and provide all curriculum for 3-year olds through 4th grade
- Lead programs one Sunday per month
- Recruit, train and encourage children’s ministry volunteers
- Plan, create, organize and implement an annual Vacation Bible School
- Expand Advent and Christmas service participation to use children’s talents in drama, instruments, speaking and reading
- Lead a children’s retreat/camp
- Organize and lead safe church training events according to Pathway Church’s Children’s Ministry Policy; track compliance within same
- Oversee Pathway’s youth groups
- Participate in Pathway Church’s family night committee
- Attend Family Night, any child-focused special Pathway events and staff meetings
- Attend conferences and participate in continuing education opportunities periodically
- Any other additional duties as agreed upon by the Children’s Ministry Coordinator, Senior Pastor and Leadership Team
Time, Compensation, Other Information
- The Leadership Team expects that this position will be part-time and require approximately 15-25 hours a week, with compensation to be commensurate with experience and hours worked.
- The Children’s Ministry Coordinator will report directly to the Senior Pastor with additional accountability to the Leadership Team. A formal review and compensation discussion will be completed on an annual basis.
- The Children’s Ministry Coordinator will provide written monthly reports to the Senior Pastor and Leadership Team.
- If you are interested in this position and would like additional information, please contact Cindy Mejan at email@example.com.